How to resolve my citation
All parking citation and tows must be resolved, either by payment or fines or through the appeal process with ten (10) working days from the date the citation was issued. After the 10th day period, the right to appeal expires and all violation charges and/or expenses incurred become automatically due and payable. Any vehicle removed from Texas Southern University for violating parking rules and regulations will be stored in City of Houston impounds, which will result in fines and storage fees. The City of Houston tow line number is 713.308.8580.You will be notified (via phone or email) within ten (10) days of the date of appeal regarding the status of your appeal.
Appeals must be filed in person at
West Side Garage, 3001 Blodgett St. Houston, TX (713) 313-4434 7:30 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday
The following reasons negate an acceptable appeal:
- Lack of knowledge of University parking rules and regulations.
- Inability to locate a legal parking space in the area or lot desired.
- Overlooking or not seeing posted parking regulation signage.
- Insufficient time to seek legal parking space(i.e., late for class or appointment)
- No permit
- Violation of state parking “law” (i.e., parked in fire zone).
- Instructions by non-police personnel to park at a certain location.
If your reason for the appeal is listed above, no appeal process will be granted.
Parking Rule and Regulations
Reasons for Citations
- A vehicle does not have the proper updated issued TSU permit.
- A vehicle parked in a non-parking area “yellow line area’s marked no parking or fire lanes.”
- A vehicle is observed running through the gate arm without proper access into a parking lot.
- Person or person’s observed holding gate arm open to let vehicle exit parking lots.
- A vehicle parked in the H&PE Salleyport driveway past 10 minutes of unloading time.
- Vehicle parked blocking any Handicap ramps and or pedestrian sidewalks.
- A vehicle parked in Handicap accessible parking space without the proper TSU Disabled permit hanging in the rearview mirror or a DV “Disabled Veteran” license plate.
Reasons for Tows
- A vehicle parked in a reserved space without the proper permit “owner of reserved space requests a vehicle removed.”
- A vehicle parked in Handicap accessible parking space with no DV “Disabled Veteran” plate nor TSU issued the disabled permit.
- A vehicle parked at any parking lot entrance and left unattended, preventing other vehicles from accessing the parking lot.
- A vehicle parked in front of Tigerwalk entrance next to Technology Building by the concrete barriers “This is a non-parking area unless authorize by Parking Supervisor.”
- A vehicle left unattended and parked in the HP&E Salleyport Driveway “Any vehicle that is parked past 10 minute unloading period.”
- A vehicle parked beside the Student Center in front of Linear West Housing Building
- A vehicle parked behind Student Center “Unless authorized by Parking Supervisor.”
- A vehicle parked in any parking lot without the proper permit to access the lot.
- A vehicle is observed running through the gate arm without proper access into the parking lot.
- A vehicle parked blocking any Handicap ramps and or pedestrian sidewalks
- A vehicle parked in a non-parking area or fire lanes “yellow line area’s marked no parking.”