Tiger1Card Agreement Terms & Conditions
The Tiger1Card is the official Texas Southern University (TSU) identification card for all students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors. The card is required identification for all active members of the TSU community. Use and acceptance of the card indicate agreement to the terms and conditions that govern its use. These terms and conditions are:
- The Tiger1Card entitles the cardholder to all privileges associated with their status.
- Rights and privileges associated with the card are non-transferable and contingent upon active status as a student, staff or faculty.
- The card must be carried at all times and presented to a TSU official upon request.
- Photo images captured for the identification card become part of the cardholder’s educational record and therefore may be used for official university business. If a student does not want their information released, the student must notify the Registrar’s Office in writing or complete the Request to Withhold Public Information form during the first week of class. Non-students should request a Public Access Option form from the Human Resources Department if they require confidentiality of certain information.
- The University will disclose information to third parties only as required by law, or with cardholder written permission.
- Cardholder will have the responsibility for reporting and replacing lost, stolen, or damaged cards in a timely fashion.
- Students under 18 years of age will be issued a card only with a parental/guardian signature.
- There is a $10 cancellation fee for all Tiger Buck accounts. Balances less than $10 are non-refundable.
- All refunds from canceled Tiger Buck accounts will be credited against any debts owed to the university before a check is issued to the cardholder.
Notice of lost/stolen cards or unauthorized card use should be reported immediately by phone, in person, or in writing to Texas Southern University, Tiger 1 Card Office, Sterling Student Center, Houston, Texas 77004. The phone number is 713-313-7029. Business hours are 8:00am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Students have the option of deactivating their card by logging into the Community Online System at tiger1card.tsu.edu. All cards found after the card is deactivated must be reactivated in the Tiger 1Card Office, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center. The photo must be the same person requesting the reactivation of the card.
- The card replacement fee is $15 and is payable by cash, check, or credit card in the Bursar’s Office. A copy of the receipt should be presented in the Card Office at the time of the card reissuance.
- Until the card is reported lost or stolen, the cardholder may be held responsible for transactions made with the card.
- In the rare instance where there is no image on file, the cardholder is required to present a photo ID when requesting a replacement card.
Tiger 1 card holders are encouraged to treat their ID card as cash and to keep it in a secure place at all times.
- If the cardholder reports a lost or stolen card within two business days of learning of the loss or theft, the cardholder’s losses will be no more than $50.
- If the cardholder fails to report a lost or stolen card within two business days of learning of the loss or theft, the cardholder’s potential liability rises to $500.
- If the cardholder fails to report a lost or stolen card within 60 days, and a transaction activity report requested by the cardholder shows card purchases that the cardholder claims are unauthorized, the cardholder’s liability will have no dollar limit.
- Tiger 1 Card value is refundable under the following conditions:
- Damaged Cards. Immediate transfer of the remaining value from a damaged card to the new card will be made at the time of reissuance. Damaged cards must be relinquished to the Tiger 1 Card Office.
- Lost or Stolen Cards: Remaining balances from lost or stolen cards will be transferred immediately to the new card at the time of reissuance.
- Cancellations (Tiger Bucks): Individuals may request to close their account at anytime. Cash withdrawals are not permitted. Balances over $10 may be refunded and applied against any amount due to TSU. All cancellations must be made in the Tiger 1 Card Office.
If a point-of-sale terminal is equipped to provide a receipt, a cardholder will receive at the time of the purchase. A cardholder may request an account transaction history in person, or in writing, during normal business hours at the Tiger 1 Card Office, 2nd floor Sterling Student Center.
Account transaction history will not be shared over the phone.
If a cardholder believes there is a discrepancy with a transaction on his/her transaction activity statement or receipt, or would like more information about a transaction listed on the report or receipt, the cardholder shall immediately contact the Tiger 1 Card Office at (713) 313-7029 or submit a written request for an inquiry.
If a cardholder makes a request over the phone or in person, the office will ask that a written statement be made. This statement will include: cardholder name and T Number; a description of the transaction in question, and a thorough explanation of the alleged discrepancy; the date, time and location where the error took place; the dollar amount of the transaction; and a phone number where the cardholder can be reached during the day.
The Tiger 1 Card Office must receive inquiry requests from the cardholder no later than sixty days after an alleged discrepancy has appeared on the cardholder’s transaction activity report. The office will generally complete investigations within ten business days after the complaint is received. All errors will be promptly corrected. Should the investigation reveal that no error was made; the office will send a written explanation to the cardholder immediately following the completion of the investigation.